Monday, February 18, 2008

Confession

Okay, I confess -- I am a health food NUT!

I eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I take vitamin D. I make carrot juice. I drink green smoothies. Yes, I do, and I'll tell you why. It's simply because I couldn't do all the things I do if I didn't. I would be too tired. I would have too much pain.

That's right. I am 56 years old, and I have fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome. That is, I have those things IF I am not acting like the health food nut that I truly am. If I eat the standard American diet of meat, bread, potatoes, cooked-to-death vegetables, and lots of sweets, the pain comes back, and I am so tired I can hardly move. Not to mention my brain -- it quits functioning! When I eat "normally" (that is, the way most people eat) I end up in a fog and can't think straight. I also gain weight and feel bloated.

Can anyone out there relate to what I am saying? If so, there really is a way to feel good, have boundless energy, and have your life back again. Be a health food NUT. Let people make fun of the way you eat. Let them think you are crazy. I am happy to be considered crazy while I feel energetic and full of life.

I know people don't like to have anyone tell them they should give up eating what they think are their favorite foods, so click on the link on the right where it says CAREGIVER HELP HERE and I will gladly let someone else tell you, or click for the information, and I will just sit in the corner and shut up about it.....

or maybe not. I just have to say, I see so many exhausted caregivers, it hurts my heart. I know that being a health food nut really does make it possible for you to have energy for caregiving AND energy left for yourself, so go ahead and click for the information. It surely won't hurt to look.

I am here.
Sue Ellen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I AM A HEALTH FOOD NUT TOO!

And I too am proud to say it. I have or had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and IBS. I HAD to change the way I was eating and living. I did and life got better. I don't really understand how people who suffer so greatly don't make these changes. You feel better right away.
I think the challenge is getting the right information on this subject.

There's a great (and surprisingly unbiased) resource list over at the Dietary Supplement Information Bureau. It's worth checking out, and a better reference I've found than Wikipedia.

Enjoy!