Friday, February 15, 2008

So, who do I think I am, anyway?

You might wonder why I presume to think I know anything about caregiving. That is a valid question. After all, there are already plenty of folks already out there offering advice and solving problems for caregivers -- take the government, for example....

I am a registered nurse. I was a full time live-in caregiver for a quadriplegic for 3 years, and I have been a home health nurse for 14 years. I set up two home health agencies in Alaska.

Currently, I am a parish nurse, and I have my own business as a wound care consultant. I am also an "ostomy nurse," that is, I teach people with new colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies, how to live with their changes. And, I am certified in infection control (go ahead, ask me about MRSA).

So, there you have it. I have been a nurse for 26 years in a variety of areas.

and,
I am here.
Sue Ellen

No comments: